Kudos to Ben Sinnott for his postgame comments

The defending Big XII Champions
Catalum

Kudos to Ben Sinnott for his postgame comments

Post by Catalum » November 5th, 2023, 2:32 pm

This could just as well be directed towards the fans and I wholeheartedly agree.... https://youtu.be/onBk9kExUC4?t=24

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 5th, 2023, 2:35 pm

i wonder who the media midgets are that he's directing his ire? i can't stand john kurtz, ku kellis, and cole meathead. so, i avoid watching their mush. i wonder if they are his target? anyway, good for ben.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » November 5th, 2023, 2:38 pm

He ranted against the media for coming down on Will Howard. Good for him!

A bit terse, but justified IMO. Will Howard is the starting quarterback at KSU & though there's been a lot of speculation regarding the QB position. But everyone needs to stand down from criticizing Will, he's doing his best and has shown a lot of positive growth over the last couple of weeks. Some of it can be attributed to AJ's play, but Will has definitely stepped up his play over the last couple of games.
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post (total 5):
pharaohcatrandallcat85kswildcatstlcatfanKralicek

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » November 6th, 2023, 7:45 am

Will, IMO, has had only one bad game -- at oSu. He has played pretty well the rest of the season and has re-established himself as the clear starter.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post (total 3):
KSUbetcharandallcat85Tbonespop
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

02Cat

Pick 'Em

Post by 02Cat » November 6th, 2023, 9:03 am

I see Sinnott's comments in two ways I suppose.

1) it's great to hear a player stick up for his teammate and friend
2) it's a little disingenuous for said player to talk poorly about the Media and Fans and then one question later profess that the team blocks out the outside noise.

Not to mention, Will played well in this game where he finally got some help from the WRs. I don't think any criticism, outside of better pocket presence (which came into effect when Will fumbled at our own 5 and on the last play of the game, but, were hardly the sole reason we lost) was going to come towards Will Howard.

I think the coaching staff deserves criticism because we didn't look like we were prepared to play MU or OSU (and Will most certainly did play poorly in this game). Additionally, we came into the Tech and UT games with an offensive game plan that didn't seem to work and against Texas, we definitely waited TOO long to adjust.

I'd also put some blame on the coaches because if you're going to play Avery after the Tech game, I think he needs more reps in high percentage passing plays. It gets him some experience and confidence and it doesn't make the team look so one dimensional. Continuing to run Will Howard a little, and developing Avery as a more reliable passer, you've got a two headed monster at the QB position that can kill opponents with so many different ways.
These users thanked the author 02Cat for the post:
farrout10
Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin

powercat5000

Post by powercat5000 » November 6th, 2023, 10:13 am

I’m happy that Sinnot spoke up, but I thought Howard played great once Klein decided to ditch the run game. Avery had his chance Saturday and it showed that Howard is the guy.
These users thanked the author powercat5000 for the post (total 5):
Kralicekkswrangler52PurpleOnWhiterandallcat85Tbonespop
Our Freedom Does Not End where Fear Begins

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » November 6th, 2023, 5:11 pm

Not sure about the timing of Ben's rant but get it. They are pretty tight. Klein was the one catching most flack - rightfully so. I do think Wills game has been elevated from Averys play. I think Will was held back this game. And I don't think Avery is being allowed to pass much. Maybe for good reason, but pretty obvious when he comes in now team know what to expect.
I like players sticking up for team members - says team to me. I also like them calling each other out when needed
These users thanked the author DeereCatFan for the post:
randallcat85

NECatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by NECatFan » November 6th, 2023, 11:17 pm

Don’t know what would have been said negatively about Will, related to this game. The okie state game, I could see some negative comments about will’s game, but not this one. He was running the plays that were called, and lit it up in the second half once Klein determined the runs between the tackles weren’t productive.

If anyone should have been called out, it should have been Klein. In fact, some of the players made comments about taking too long to figure out what worked and what didn’t from an offensive perspective. Did Mrs. Klein get testy with some of the players?

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » November 7th, 2023, 12:25 am

I agree with Ben, glad he spoke up. Hopefully it puts the issue to bed. With respect to the offense, here's my question. Why is it that when we try to run the ball and it isn't working, we keep trying to run the ball then justify it as something that is necessary to do. But when we try to pass the ball, if it isn't working initially, we just simply give up on it? This Texas game was a game where we should have stuck with the passing game more even if it wasn't working as effectively as we wanted in the first half. We didn't put enough effort into the passing game to stretch the field in the first half - which is key against Texas's defense. This isn't a revelation by any means. Someone needs to be held accountable for not sticking with more of the passing game earlier on the game. That means Klieman or Klein or both need to be held accountable. This is big boy P5 football and they get paid a pile of money to coach football. Big money = big pressure to perform. IF a coach or staff doesn't perform, expect people to question the lack of performance.
EMAW

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » November 7th, 2023, 10:09 am

I appreciate Ben sticking up for his teammate, but as was stated above, if I was close to him, I would make sure he understood that it can be dicey making those statements in our world today, especially if you are going to call out the fans. As was mentioned above, you can't say what he said and then also say they block out the outside noise, doesn't add up.

I also hope they understand that with the NIL money, these guys are going to get criticized more. Fact is, I see Will Howard on an NIL add about every week it seems like. Last week it was Jack Stack, before that a car company, etc. The QB of a successful P5 team that has high expectations is going to get some criticism, just going to happen now that they are making money from KSU fans.

If I was a member of the media, I would absolutely ask Ben if he would rather play for a program where there is no fan support, no sold out stadium every week, no brand new practice facilities, etc?? To me that is a legit question.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post:
Tbonespop