minutia ...

The defending Big XII Champions
Gorhoops

Re: minutia ...

Post by Gorhoops » April 19th, 2024, 10:43 am

tmcats wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 10:04 am
in business school i gave a lecture about hiring being all about selection. recruit a d.j. giddens or austin moore - expect the best. bring in a will lee or treshaun ward - expect chaos. culture is a word that's too often misused. but in this case it really does matter as well. guys like klieman and leipold keep their squads together; not so much at colorado or arizona state.

Prime doesn't want to develop players, he wants to win games by always having the best players, like he did at Jackson State. It is very difficult to see that working at CU.

Last year Coach Tang and crew went and talked with Prime about marketing. Prime should go visit Klieman and crew about culture.

Hard to have a good culture when it is pretty clear that a lot of your focus is on making your own personal kids look great. When I watched them play Oregon last year and Oregon actually had a game plan and came after Sheduer, it was obvious Sheduer was going down before the rush even got to him many times, he did not try to avoid the rush and make a play. He was in self-preservation mode and then Prime of course throws his entire offensive line under the bus. Never mentioned how they never tried to adjust to help or that the QB just fell down when he saw any semblance of pressure!!
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post (total 3):
AlabamaLanestlcatfanrandallcat85

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 19th, 2024, 10:59 am

Gorhoops wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 10:43 am
tmcats wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 10:04 am
in business school i gave a lecture about hiring being all about selection. recruit a d.j. giddens or austin moore - expect the best. bring in a will lee or treshaun ward - expect chaos. culture is a word that's too often misused. but in this case it really does matter as well. guys like klieman and leipold keep their squads together; not so much at colorado or arizona state.

Prime doesn't want to develop players, he wants to win games by always having the best players, like he did at Jackson State. It is very difficult to see that working at CU.

Last year Coach Tang and crew went and talked with Prime about marketing. Prime should go visit Klieman and crew about culture.

Hard to have a good culture when it is pretty clear that a lot of your focus is on making your own personal kids look great. When I watched them play Oregon last year and Oregon actually had a game plan and came after Sheduer, it was obvious Sheduer was going down before the rush even got to him many times, he did not try to avoid the rush and make a play. He was in self-preservation mode and then Prime of course throws his entire offensive line under the bus. Never mentioned how they never tried to adjust to help or that the QB just fell down when he saw any semblance of pressure!!
Agreed. He's got a lot of people fooled. I'm not one of them. He cares about 3 things. Coach Prime and his 2 sons. Total fraud.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 19th, 2024, 11:04 am

prime feels a bit like frontbutt at ku. all blow, no show. but it's early. we'll see.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
randallcat85
Why is there something rather than nothing?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 19th, 2024, 3:18 pm

as if the game doesn't have far too many stoppage already. and is there anything in sports dumber than the 2-minute warning, i mean, warning what, can we not see the scoreboard? just keep dumpin' on the fan experience, administrators. this is nothing but another money grab by the networks. by the way, this "rule" was created back in the 40s when the official game clock was carried by officials.

On3
@On3sports
·
3h
BREAKING: The two-minute warning and helmet communication is officially coming to College Football during the 2024 season, the NCAA announced.

https://on3.com/news/ncaa-approves-helm ... -football/
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
randallcat85

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » April 19th, 2024, 4:07 pm

tmcats wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 3:18 pm
as if the game doesn't have far too many stoppage already. and is there anything in sports dumber than the 2-minute warning, i mean, warning what, can we not see the scoreboard? just keep dumpin' on the fan experience, administrators. this is nothing but another money grab by the networks. by the way, this "rule" was created back in the 40s when the official game clock was carried by officials.

On3
@On3sports
·
3h
BREAKING: The two-minute warning and helmet communication is officially coming to College Football during the 2024 season, the NCAA announced.

I actually like the 2 minute warning. It serves as an extra timeout for both teams. And if your team is behind with the ball driving down the field, the 2 min warning provides extra benefits to the offense, in case they want to run a special play.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 19th, 2024, 4:22 pm

KSUbetcha wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 4:07 pm
tmcats wrote:

On3
@On3sports
·
3h

I actually like the 2 minute warning. It serves as an extra timeout for both teams. And if your team is behind with the ball driving down the field, the 2 min warning provides extra benefits to the offense, in case they want to run a special play.
are you a season ticket holder? i can't imagine anyone sitting in the stands wanting more timeouts.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » April 19th, 2024, 4:48 pm

tmcats wrote:

On3
@On3sports
·
3h

Interesting. The cynical side of me thinks the two-minute warning was put so the networks could run more commercials for more $$$.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post (total 4):
KSUbetchacatalystrandallcat85spot2180
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Kralicek

Post by Kralicek » April 19th, 2024, 8:29 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 4:48 pm
tmcats wrote:

On3
@On3sports
·
3h

Interesting. The cynical side of me thinks the two-minute warning was put so the networks could run more commercials for more $$$.
This is exactly what I have said for years!
These users thanked the author Kralicek for the post (total 2):
randallcat85stlcatfan

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 20th, 2024, 12:34 am

tmcats wrote:

On3
@On3sports
·
3h

100% agree. The TV timeouts and reviews already make attending games unbearable. I'd much rather stay home and watch on TV, but I've been at that point for years already. Having said that, that's been when I was watching as many games as possible. Now? I'm pretty much just watching our game as the passion for games other than KState is gone. I've had enough.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 20th, 2024, 12:42 am

KSUbetcha wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 4:07 pm
tmcats wrote:

On3
@On3sports
·
3h

That's what the 2 minute offense is for!! "Special" plays are practiced and communication for these situations are rehearsed in practice. Nah, this nothing but a $ grab, and I'd wager to say the coaches agree. The fans keep getting hosed. I can't believe it keeps getting worse, but it does. Many of us have known we were heading here, though. The NCAA is THE worst ran organization in America, but the money is so easily made, that it doesn't matter. A monkey could run it and still profit. When will fans matter?
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post:
tmcats