tigerboard post worthy of your read ...

The defending Big XII Champions
tmcats

Pick 'Em

tigerboard post worthy of your read ...

Post by tmcats » August 15th, 2022, 12:21 pm

Opinions like Arseholes.....You're entitled to yours.

I had no connection to KSU until my son started in the fall of 2016. He was able to work for the KSU IT Dept. for 3 years, get summer internships with Dell/RSA Archer, Raytheon and Honeywell. Honeywell told him that with this resume, they could give a $hit what his GPA was, but they wanted him after graduation and were willing to tack on signing/6 month & 1 year bonuses on top of a very strong starting salary. His degree was a BS in Computer Science, and hs 4 roommates experienced the same results-great summer internships and immediate jobs in Mechanical, Civil and EE.

I could not have been more impressed with the Dean of Students, the Dean of the School of Engineering, the Engineering School infrastructure, resources, tutoring, job fairs, national project contest entries etc.

The KSU IT Dept allowed him the freedom to create teams, on-line user tools, flex hours (pre-COVID), and supported him in every way imaginable. A year into Honeywell, he loves his work, his team, his projects, is serving the DOD/DOE, has his FBI Top Secret Clearance, and on a path toward project management.

No doubt that 13 years of college prep, private schooling readied him for the rigors of an Engineering curriculum, but KSU has been a huge part of this success.

He has great friends, a fiance and wonderful memories from his time in Manhattan. My visits 2016-2020 were always enjoyable.

Don't think it's fair to whack the whole school and community for these issues. Lord knows COMO, STL & KC have plenty of problems.

Lastly, whether because of the proximity to Ft. Riley, and the Agriculture strength of the area, Manhattan tends to be a very conservative town. Won't see many Biden/Harris/AOC/Pelosi/Sanders/I. Omar supporters there....
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 3):
stlcatfanBamaCatrandallcat85
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell