B12 Board

The defending Big XII Champions
BraveKnight

B12 Board

Post by BraveKnight » January 5th, 2022, 11:40 am

Hey guys, UCF fan here, looking forward to playing you guys in conference soon! I’ll have to get up to Manhattan when UCF plays there too. Also would like to congratulate y’all on the bowl win over an SEC team, I was definitely rooting for K-State.

I couldn’t find anywhere for B12 fans to all come together and chat about everything involving the conference and the teams in it, so I’d like to invite you to come check out this B12 board. I’d really like to get the perspectives from all of the B12 schools, including KSU.
https://csnbbs.com/forum-188.html

It’s not my site, I just figured some of you would be interested, and we’d love to hear what you have to say. If you’re ever down in Orlando to play UCF or any other reason, feel free to ask me any questions! Go Wildcats!

PS- Sometimes it takes a few days to register, but if it’s taking too long let me know and I can try to help.
These users thanked the author BraveKnight for the post:
stlcatfan

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » January 5th, 2022, 7:58 pm

Thanks for the link. West Virginia has a good Big 12 board as well.

https://247sports.com/college/west-virg ... ce-105475/
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
BraveKnight
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

oscar

Post by oscar » January 5th, 2022, 11:54 pm

Looking forward to UCF joining. They have great coaches with strong backgrounds of being around titles. This new league setup is interesting and would appear to be made up of schools without a lot of drama.
These users thanked the author oscar for the post:
BraveKnight

kstfan88

Post by kstfan88 » January 6th, 2022, 12:25 am

Refreshing to get a visit from a nice fan from another program. Like UCF’s chances in the Big 12, think Gus can continue the winning tradition that is going on there.

Any insight into USF? I’m not sure if they’re your rivals in the American. Seems like they have the market to compete but haven’t done anything close to what you guys have.
These users thanked the author kstfan88 for the post (total 2):
BraveKnightemawecaw

BraveKnight

Post by BraveKnight » January 6th, 2022, 12:48 am

kstfan88 wrote:
January 6th, 2022, 12:25 am
Refreshing to get a visit from a nice fan from another program. Like UCF’s chances in the Big 12, think Gus can continue the winning tradition that is going on there.

Any insight into USF? I’m not sure if they’re your rivals in the American. Seems like they have the market to compete but haven’t done anything close to what you guys have.
Yep they’re our main rival, we even have a trophy, the game is called the “War on I4”, named after the highway that connects both schools. usf would not be a good add for the B12 in my opinion. They are in a good market, but they’re similar to Rice or FIU in that no one actually CARES about them in their market. We probably have more pull in the Tampa market than they do. Example: they struggle to get 15,000 people to their football games even when they give out tickets with every Dunkin’ Donuts purchase, and we play in a bowl game in their stadium and sell it out, with mostly UCF fans in the stands. They do not have their own stadium, they have horrible facilities (although they are planning on improving them, so I’ll give them a little credit), and they’ve never won a conference championship or even their division in football, and have an even worse basketball program. Memphis or SMU or even Colorado State would be better adds in my opinion. Hope that answered your question. :)
These users thanked the author BraveKnight for the post:
kstfan88

BraveKnight

Post by BraveKnight » January 6th, 2022, 12:51 am

oscar wrote:
January 5th, 2022, 11:54 pm
Looking forward to UCF joining. They have great coaches with strong backgrounds of being around titles. This new league setup is interesting and would appear to be made up of schools without a lot of drama.
Yes, I’m very interested to see how the divisions will work. I’m thinking that they’ll work like this:

East:
Iowa State
Cincinnati
West Virginia
Kansas
Kansas State
UCF

West:
Oklahoma State
Baylor
Texas Tech
TCU
Houston
BYU

It would be fun to be in a division with y’all!

kstfan88

Post by kstfan88 » January 6th, 2022, 3:27 am

BraveKnight wrote:
January 6th, 2022, 12:48 am
kstfan88 wrote:
January 6th, 2022, 12:25 am

Yep they’re our main rival, we even have a trophy, the game is called the “War on I4”, named after the highway that connects both schools. usf would not be a good add for the B12 in my opinion. They are in a good market, but they’re similar to Rice or FIU in that no one actually CARES about them in their market. We probably have more pull in the Tampa market than they do. Example: they struggle to get 15,000 people to their football games even when they give out tickets with every Dunkin’ Donuts purchase, and we play in a bowl game in their stadium and sell it out, with mostly UCF fans in the stands. They do not have their own stadium, they have horrible facilities (although they are planning on improving them, so I’ll give them a little credit), and they’ve never won a conference championship or even their division in football, and have an even worse basketball program. Memphis or SMU or even Colorado State would be better adds in my opinion. Hope that answered your question. :)
A few speculated about them getting added for the Tampa market but I remember reading the stadium is usually half-empty. I guess using the Bucs stadium gets them nowhere and makes it look even more embarrassing with the kind of turnout they get. Looks like Leavitt was really the only chance they had before they had to fire him. I agree, Memphis is probably the best add if they can fix up the Liberty.

I am also a fan of Wichita State, so I know you’re exactly right about USF being even worse in basketball! A punching bad down there along ECU and Tulane. You guys were picking up some P5 transfers the last couple years, and it looks like that’s helped the rebuild after the Tacko team. Big 12 is tough in basketball, so the faster you can get back up beforehand, the better.

Thanks for the answers!
These users thanked the author kstfan88 for the post:
BraveKnight

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » January 6th, 2022, 10:46 am

Until OU and UT finally leave, the Big 12 shouldn't even tough expansion again. Maybe by then, some of these other schools could have made improvements. If not, there is no reason to add more schools right after that either unless they are 100% perfect answers. Wait a few years, see how the new conference works first. If the conference needs more inventory in 3-5 years after OU/UT leave, then open the discussion again. There is no reason to rush into it at this point IMO.
These users thanked the author AJcat7755 for the post:
BraveKnight

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » January 6th, 2022, 10:59 am

BraveKnight wrote:
January 6th, 2022, 12:51 am
oscar wrote:
January 5th, 2022, 11:54 pm
Yes, I’m very interested to see how the divisions will work. I’m thinking that they’ll work like this:

East:
Iowa State
Cincinnati
West Virginia
Kansas
Kansas State
UCF

West:
Oklahoma State
Baylor
Texas Tech
TCU
Houston
BYU

It would be fun to be in a division with y’all!
That would not be a good split for the east division. The east would have the largest travel costs, and they some the lowest in terms of revenue. The west teams could basically all take a bus ride between their schools within TX and OK. Not only that, it removes more annual TX/OK games for the east division which could affect the ability to recruit those areas. UCF, as a new school, would also be hit the hardest with travel costs because flying to TX would be easier and cheaper then flying to the other east schools.

At the very least, swap OSU and UCF. It won't solve the TX problem, but it will keep the old Big 8 members together and keeping a lot of the old SWC members together. It will put UCF in an easier spot for travel. May upset OSU not playing as much in TX though so they may block that. I don't think they will be able to split up the TX schools into separate divisions unless they ignore geography and go with arbitrary divisions like Leaders and Legends :D
Last edited by AJcat7755 on January 6th, 2022, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author AJcat7755 for the post:
BraveKnight

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 6th, 2022, 11:29 am

a good b12 board to follow is cyclonefanatic: https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/forums ... erence.11/

here's my preference for splitting the conference with wvu having ucf as a regular south rival. i could easily tilt the line to put byu in the south and oSu in the north as well. i hope the league goes back to 8 conference football games to take that advantage away from the sec. we should all be playing by the same rules.

Why is there something rather than nothing?