goings-on at other football programs ...

The defending Big XII Champions
WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Re: goings-on at other football programs ...

Post by WildcatEngineer » April 24th, 2024, 10:26 am

Pete Thamel
@PeteThamel
·
2h
Exclusive: Reggie Bush is getting his 2005 Heisman Trophy back, ESPN has learned, with a formal “reinstatement” of the trophy coming today. The decision comes amid what the Heisman Trust calls “enormous changes in the college football landscape.” https://es.pn/3w92KUR

------------
As society changes we forgive history. I wonder if we can apply this to Slavery, the Holocaust, Adam and Eve? I know too far out.....
These users thanked the author WildcatEngineer for the post:
randallcat85

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » April 24th, 2024, 8:14 pm

Parker Thune
@ParkerThune
Just spoke to Dylan Edwards, who tells me he's very thankful for the Colorado staff and fanbase. He simply felt that "it was time for me to go and do my own thing."

He's heard from Georgia, Texas A&M, Louisville, Kansas State, UCLA, Washington, Stanford, Nebraska and many others since entering the portal.

Says he's looking for a school with solid quarterback play, and a school that will use him as a true all-purpose back. He had 520 total yards and five total touchdowns as a true freshman at CU.

=============
If anyone knows how to use a short smaller back as all-purpose it is KSU. But look out for $TAM$.
These users thanked the author WildcatEngineer for the post:
stlcatfan

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » April 24th, 2024, 8:20 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
April 24th, 2024, 8:14 pm
Parker Thune
@ParkerThune
Just spoke to Dylan Edwards, who tells me he's very thankful for the Colorado staff and fanbase. He simply felt that "it was time for me to go and do my own thing."

He's heard from Georgia, Texas A&M, Louisville, Kansas State, UCLA, Washington, Stanford, Nebraska and many others since entering the portal.

Says he's looking for a school with solid quarterback play, and a school that will use him as a true all-purpose back. He had 520 total yards and five total touchdowns as a true freshman at CU.

=============
If anyone knows how to use a short smaller back as all-purpose it is KSU. But look out for $TAM$.
Well, he just described K-State so maybe he is dropping hints. However, I could very well see him going to a Big Ten or SEC school for the $$$.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
bhoovy
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 24th, 2024, 8:22 pm

from what i know (limited) would be surprised if he doesn't come to k-state.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » April 25th, 2024, 11:58 am

Dennis Dodd
@dennisdoddcbs
·
1h
I'm celebrating Reggie getting his Heisman. But as an
@NCAA
source reminded me yesterday what he allegedly did 18 years ago would still be against NCAA rules today.

===========
So who decided to give it back to him and why?

BigCat6907

Post by BigCat6907 » April 25th, 2024, 12:13 pm

in my opinion NCAA rules, logic, enforcement equal many years of being an embarrassing joke.
These users thanked the author BigCat6907 for the post:
stlcatfan

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » April 25th, 2024, 12:24 pm

BigCat6907 wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 12:13 pm
in my opinion NCAA rules, logic, enforcement equal many years of being an embarrassing joke.
This movie clip is a good analogy for how the NCAA enforces the rules. The bluebloods get a free pass from the NCAA, but the same NCAA will go out of their way to make an example of the non-bluebloods for the same or lesser violations to show how tough they are. Recent example: KU basketball violations and punishment versus oSu basketball violations and punishment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCkagYixpuc
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
randallcat85
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » April 25th, 2024, 3:10 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 12:24 pm
BigCat6907 wrote:
This movie clip is a good analogy for how the NCAA enforces the rules. The bluebloods get a free pass from the NCAA, but the same NCAA will go out of their way to make an example of the non-bluebloods for the same or lesser violations to show how tough they are. Recent example: KU basketball violations and punishment versus oSu basketball violations and punishment.

Someone (i.e. non-blue blood) needs to sue the $hit out of the NCAA and send them a message. And when I say sue, I mean death penalty level type lawsuit. This two levels of justice crap needs to go away.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post:
stlcatfan
EMAW

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 25th, 2024, 3:13 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 12:24 pm
BigCat6907 wrote:

there are class action suits in the courts presently that if found in favor the the plaintiffs will bankrupt the ncaa.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 25th, 2024, 4:36 pm

one of those "what the hell?" quotes: "Coach Cooper played a big role in me being offered. He's trying to bring back the white defensive backs is what he told me. He's pretty cool. I think it'll be a defensive start because they said they have some guys coming it at receiver. I don't think that door is closed, but defensive back is more where I fit."

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/ ... 230965607/

These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
wazucat