Bat Cats fall 2-1 to Wichita State in a cold, windy midweek game

Discussion about the bat cats, volleyball, and any other wildcat athletic team!
BronxCat
Has thanked: 0

Bat Cats fall 2-1 to Wichita State in a cold, windy midweek game

Post by BronxCat » February 26th, 2020, 10:21 pm

Ford goes 4.2 innings, 2 runs, 5 hits, 5 walks, 4 ks. Herbers and Lockwood combine for 3.1 IP, 1 hit, 2 walks and 2ks.

Overall decent pitching performance with some bumps.

Cat's only run came on a Phillips homerun to right center. Otherwise they couldn't string together enough baserunners to get things moving.

Carinci continues to hit really well, went 2/2 with a walk and a double. Currently batting .400 on the year (10/25) and leads the team in that category. RBI leader is Phillips with 6.

Half of the Cat's lineup is still hitting below the .200 mark. 4 guys above .200, 1 guy above .300. Hitting needs to come around big time, not sure what the problem is considering guys with big years last year are struggling big time.

Looking forward to the home opener this week.

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » February 27th, 2020, 11:04 am

I understand it would be tough making these schedules so that both teams are happy, but man, it sucks that an in state game that would generally allow many Cat fans in Wichita to get out and see the Bat Cats is played in February on a 34 degree day starting at 3:00. Not going to cash in on that gate.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » February 27th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Yeah I believe that was the earliest it has been played. I think normally one is in March and the return match in April.

Ford was throwing heat the first inning. I believe the slowest they said he threw was 92. Stayed between 92-95 for the first inning. The following innings he threw a lot of off speed pitches. Struggled with command some after the first.

BronxCat
Has thanked: 0

Post by BronxCat » February 27th, 2020, 9:44 pm

One thing I did see is that there is a Wildcat Analytics program now. I wonder if we're seeing growing pains right now as they adjust to having more information to adjust their approaches/play style.